× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sky rax120

thehypnootoad
Luminary

Sky rax120

Rax120 option 61 dchp why can't this be implemented I keep asking and get nothing back it's costing me 30 pound more a month as I can't have a sky broadband which in turn not been able to get a better dealdue to this all my other netgears have had this feature in the past.
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Not sure if its related because the RAX120 is a qualcom based router versus the ones that support it are either broadcom or intel based. 

Which NETGEAR routers support DHCP option 60 and 61? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

got an old router that does support those options? you could always use that router and disable its wifi and connect the RAX in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Thanks I do have a d7000 with antitrust but wanted the rax in router mode as use a vpn and certain other features would make it pointless.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

does it work if you put the RAX's IP address into the D7000's dmz?

Message 4 of 8
penguinpages
Tutor

I had similar issues with my rax120.  For $500+ I expected a better UI to set those kinds of things, or at least SSH to set via CLI.  Nope.  I had to abandon it for DHCP.

Message 5 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

It's the features on the rax120 I need to use like the vpn which works perfect I don't think the d7000 supports it. It's ridiculous though as my bill for sky and bt is 92 quid a month as it could be 62 if Netgear just supported it .where is a Netgear rep to explain why they can't do it.
Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

This is the community support forum. Where members of the public help out.

Its not netgear. There's the rare mod on here but its not frequent. 

Message 7 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

I know you are as it normally says netgear on there logo. Netgear are a joke though.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7