× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slower internet speed

TimKelly86
Initiate

Slower internet speed

I upgraded from the RAX40 to the RAX45. The RAX45 is about 50mbps slower than the RAX40. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Slower internet speed

Glad to hear it was a simple fix. many times they are. Let us know if you need further help. If you mark your answer as solved, it can help the next person with that issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are we talking wired speeds? 

Wireless speeds? 

wireless over 2.4ghz or 5gh? 

What actual speeds are you getting for each of these? 

What modem are you using? 

How are you testing? (website, device used, etc) 

Message 2 of 4
TimKelly86
Initiate

It was wireless 5ghz. I was getting 170mbps on the RAX40 and on the new RAX45 I got 110mbps. I was testing on the Speedtest.net app and also on laptop on the speedtest.net web page getting pretty close to the same test speeds. I got ahold of Netgear tech support and they had me change the channels on both bands and I am back to 170mbps. Simple fix.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it was a simple fix. many times they are. Let us know if you need further help. If you mark your answer as solved, it can help the next person with that issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7