× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart TV (Samsung) buffering problem

Nucarojl
Follower

Smart TV (Samsung) buffering problem

I've got a 

Nighthawk AX12

12-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router

Model RAX120

Settings from my phone app when checking various devices tell me that the Smart TV is connected with the 5G speed. However, when I first go to any particular channel, there's a buffering that takes place intermittently about 4 or 5 times before things setting down and it stops. If I change channels the problem repeats. This is all done via a wi-fi connection, and firmware is updated. I'm using all Apple OS on iPhone and other devices.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Smart TV (Samsung) buffering problem

@Nucarojl wrote:

Settings from my phone app when checking various devices tell me that the Smart TV is connected with the 5G speed.

Which Smart TV? Most models that have cropped up here are limited to 2.4 GHz. That is fast enough for most uses and is often better than 5 GHz which has a shorter range.

One solution to smart devices is to use an Ethernet connection, most Samsung TVs have that feature. No need to run a cable. You can use Powerline Ethernet to turn your mains circuit onto an Ethernet link.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7