× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Step by step instructions on adding a Orbi mesh system to a Netgear Ax12 RX120 router

Covington5000
Aspirant

Step by step instructions on adding a Orbi mesh system to a Netgear Ax12 RX120 router

I bought a Orbi Mesh wifi 6. I have a Netgear Ax12 RX120 router. I wanted to run the mesh system as a back up router. Can I do that? and is there a guide somewhere as to how to do it?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Step by step instructions on adding a Orbi mesh system to a Netgear Ax12 RX120 router

You can go:

modem---->RAX120 (router mode)------>Orbi system (access point mode)

I've done this numerous times and its pretty easily setup. You'd simply put the orbi in access point mode and connect the orbi router to the RAX. 

Message 2 of 5

@plemans wrote:

I've done this numerous times and its pretty easily setup.

Same here. Works perfectly.

Message 3 of 5
Covington5000
Aspirant

One more question, will the other two satellite stations also act as access points when I change the router to access mode?

Message 4 of 5

@Covington5000 wrote:

....will the other two satellite stations also act as access points when I change the router to access mode?

Yes.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7