× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version 1.2.13.100

phrostb
Star

Upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version 1.2.13.100

My router seems to have upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version V1.2.13.100_2.0.54 . No change log that I can find anywhere.. Also, I can no longer login with routerlogin.net, only manually via router IP.

Message 1 of 24
MAD5
Tutor

Re: Upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version 1.2.13.100

Strange, I have check and no new firmware for me. Last one is from february

Message 2 of 24

@phrostb wrote:

My router seems to have upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version V1.2.13.100_2.0.54 .

Are you sure that is the RAX500E?

Going from V1.0.12.96 to V1.2.13.100 is out of line with the usual Netgear numbering regime.

The changes are usually in the last two segments.

Message 3 of 24
phrostb
Star

RAXE500, yes. Screenshot 2023-11-28 164117.png

Message 4 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Wow, that's a jump for sure. I'll check mine out as well. 

Message 5 of 24
MAD5
Tutor

wow, I hope I got mine and can use 6E speeds. I have not that speed since never.

Message 6 of 24
MAD5
Tutor

Re: RAXE500 New Firmware 1.0.12.96 released

Message 7 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 New Firmware 1.0.12.96 released

That's just the GPL side of the code. 

Ya, I presume NG maybe forth coming with a new release soon.

Message 8 of 24

That's a giant leap for routerkind.

Message 9 of 24
rsun0525
Guide

So your router just found it in an autoupdate?  Mine still showing no update available 😞

Message 10 of 24

@rsun0525 wrote:

So your router just found it in an autoupdate?  Mine still showing no update available 😞

The reference to:

https://kb.netgear.com/2649/NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL

suggests that this release is not yet available on the update server.

New versions usually land in a particular sequence. The first time that regular users are likely to see them is in the downloads library on the support pages for a device.

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the firmware for your device.

This give experienced users a chance to manually update the firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The next stage is to put the release on the update servers so that the router itself will detect it.

Message 11 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you experienced any other problems with this version of FW? 

You can access the routers web page using routerlogin.net? 

What browser are you using? Does with happen with MS Edge or Firefox or Opera? 

@phrostb wrote:

My router seems to have upgraded it's firmware in the middle of the business day to Firmware Version V1.2.13.100_2.0.54 . No change log that I can find anywhere.. Also, I can no longer login with routerlogin.net, only manually via router IP.

Message 12 of 24
phrostb
Star

It wasn't working in Firefox but works fine in Edge.. I probably just need to clear cache/cookies.. Other than that, everything seems fine.

And yes, I had auto-update enabled and noticed something strange was happening (got kicked off work VPN for a few minutes). So, I logged into the router to see what the issue was. That's when I noticed it updated it.

Message 13 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok ya, clear cache and should fix that. 

Ok sounds good. Keep us posted if you notice anything. 
Please test wired and wireless speeds and put the hammer test to it. NG is looking for feed back. Update is only for some units at this time from what NG told me. 

Message 14 of 24
phrostb
Star

I just ran a speedtest.net test on both desktop and my Galaxy S21 phone (which I believe only supports Wifi 6, not 6E). On desktop, I got 923 Mbps down and 40 up, on my phone I got 808 Mbps down and 40 up. Seems pretty normal to me?

Message 15 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

That's good. 

Wired speed tests ok? 

Do you happen know if your ISP supports native IPv6 configurations? 

Message 16 of 24
phrostb
Star

Yes, I believe Xfinity does. But, it's disabled in my router settings. 

Message 17 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Could you enable it and set Auto Config and see if the router gets anything from the ISP modem? 

BTW, Brand and model of your ISP modem or ONT? 

Message 18 of 24
phrostb
Star

Sure. I can try it. I have a Motorola MB8600. If I enable IPv6, will it reboot and kick me off my VPN? If so, I think I'd rather do it some other time since I'm still working.

Message 19 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

After work please or when you have free time. Thank you. 

Message 20 of 24
phrostb
Star

It acquired both LAN And WAN IPv6 addresses. and this site shows a 10/10 rating 

https://test-ipv6.com/

Is there any reason to keep it enabled? I don't know much about 4 vs. 6

Message 21 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats very nice. Would you mind keeping it enabled just to see if any appears or problems appear? 

https://www.howtogeek.com/901201/ipv4-vs-ipv6/

Just different way of IP addressing and networking. 

Message 22 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Checked my RAXE500. Not included in this FW update. Will wait I guess. 

Message 23 of 24
phrostb
Star

Sure I'll keep it on.. I was familiar with IPv6 before but assumed there was no benefit to me as a consumer. I just kind of figured eventually ISPs would start requiring it.. now I'm wondering if there might be some sort of actual benefit. I do run a Plex server off my desktop. Maybe I should look into it more.

Message 24 of 24
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7