× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 RAX45 - unable to modify Guest Wifi to allow guests to see each other?

cestmoijay
Aspirant

V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 RAX45 - unable to modify Guest Wifi to allow guests to see each other?

i am on netgear firmware version V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 and i cannot update the guest network setting to allow guests to see each other on local network!  

i am really gun-shy now in updating firmware... the previous version (V1.0.11.112_2.0.77), there aren't any issues that I have encountered.  

Netgear team sucks ass man... it seems like in trying to fix something, they always manage to screw up something else.

Also, I just discovered that while on my local network where I am not supposed to be able to ping my guest network (not checked), lo and behold, I can ping my guest devices!  WTF?  What's wrong with Netgear?  

Seriously contemplating changing to TP-Link... they at least have option to allow guest wifi to see each other WITHOUT the ability to see my local network devices.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 RAX45 - unable to modify Guest Wifi to allow guests to see each other?

If it worked on last FW version, then go back to that. 

Message 2 of 4
cestmoijay
Aspirant

Re: V1.0.12.120_2.0.83 RAX45 - unable to modify Guest Wifi to allow guests to see each other?

That is the obvious thing to do... I have had to do this (it seems) every other firmware update... it's getting really old!  Last issue was that I couldn't print (opposite) where my local network wifi should be able to see each devices (not guests) but they couldn't see each other until I upgraded to the last firmware which then worked.

They must be hiring green engineers, right out of school of dummies or it seems.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there a screen capture of the Guest Network page with v.120 FW loaded that you can post here? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7