× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WPS LED won't stop flashing on RAX80

fanof88
Aspirant

WPS LED won't stop flashing on RAX80

WPS LED constantly blinking. My concern is that if that led is blinking does that mean the router is broadcasting credentials for connecting to the network for other devices to connect automatically. Reason for concern is finding an unfamilar device connected to my network that I don't own. This device is a simple link door bell camera. Can't find a way to resolve this issue, and it is making me somewhat paranoid that anybody with a WPS enabled device can connect to my network.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WPS LED won't stop flashing on RAX80

Hello fanof88,

May you factory reset the router and run through the setup assistant again.

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
fanof88
Aspirant

Done this and reconfigured everything and low and behold WPS light started flashing constantly again. Could this be due to netgear pushing the netgear armor security in the latest firmware update? Even though I have it disabled in the nighthawk app it still shows that it is activated. Strange that the nighthawk app settings do not line up with router login.net. THis software has some serious bugs within it. Just my opinion. Still wondering about WPS light constantly flashing. Can this be a security concern?

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fanof88,

I'd like for our support team to look into this further. May you send me a private message with your email address, contact info, and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
MitchellJohn
Tutor

May I ask, did you manage to resolve this Christian_R I am also experiencing the same problem. 

The WLS light is constantly blinking - even after reboot and facotry reset.

I never had this problem before. The issue only started when the WLS button on the RAX80 was accidenelty pushed and from then on the WLS led won't stop flashing. It's driving my crazy.

If anyone has any sugestions I would really aprecaite it.

Thanks 🙂

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7