× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Want to how to get the Signal Strength is on my Portable computer like smart phones can!

Railrol
Follower

Want to how to get the Signal Strength is on my Portable computer like smart phones can!

This website is a pain when I can't copy and past the very long name of my

"Netgear34 - RAX30 — Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX2400 WiFi 6 Router"

in the Associated Products"and Netgear (NETGEAR) doesn't have a useful search for questions only Hundreds of pages to look at. 

Using on Windows 10, i7CPU.

Used Portable computer in different locations around the house.

Firmware Version 1.0.9.92

Can't even show their correct spelling for Netgear (NETGEAR).

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Want to how to get the Signal Strength is on my Portable computer like smart phones can!

Depends on what your using for wifi adapter on your PC to the Netgear router. Adapters are not all the same and not the same and phones. Most phones are 2x2 as most laptop adapters as well. So speeds are limited to what the wifi adapter was designed  for.  Also Netgear routers have different specs as well. Also size and building materials of the home are a factor for any Netgear router. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Want to how to get the Signal Strength is on my Portable computer like smart phones can!

@Railrol wrote:

and Netgear (NETGEAR) doesn't have a useful search for questions only Hundreds of pages to look at. 

You need to look in the right place. Look at the top right hand corner of the browser.

michaelkenward_2-1674902706727.png

Then something like this:

michaelkenward_1-1674902572399.png

This website is a pain when I can't copy and past the very long name of my

"Netgear34 - RAX30 — Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX2400 WiFi 6 Router"

There are also easier ways of achieving that but I'll leave you to explore this place to find them.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7