× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot connect to smart power strip (TP-link-Kasa, KP303)

martinyxx
Tutor

cannot connect to smart power strip (TP-link-Kasa, KP303)

I have a smart power strip (TP-link-Kasa, KP303). Which cannot be connected to my wifi. Also, during connection process, my wifi will disappear. After unplug the power strip and reset the router, wifi will resume normal. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi martinyxx, 

Have you had a moment to get in contact with TP-link regarding your power strip?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
martinyxx
Tutor

yes, Tp-link replied that they confirmed the problem come from the router. Request me to contact router manufacturer.
Message 3 of 7
itsmehuey
Luminary

it's a firmware issue.. definitely not an issue with the power strips.. I have the exact same power strips and the exact same model of router (RAX40)... I had the same issues with router firmware version 1.0.3.80 and when I was able to get a firmware update, the update fixed the issue. Mine was a beta firmware but there is a public version (which may have some functionality stripped because that's how terrible Netgear are), but it may solve your issues regarding the power strip causing the router to completely crash. linke to v1.0.3.88 firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/en_US/000062596/

@Christian_R  I'd suggest not straight away considering that it's the fault of the product we're trying to connect to the router, and consider the router itself is faulty. There have been a sleuth of issues reported against the RAX40 and to turn a blind eye to all of them is downright shady.. If you recall a few months back I reported this exact same issue (along with a lot of other issues that 99% of the other RAX40 owners are having)

Message 4 of 7
martinyxx
Tutor

Thank you. I have updated to new v1.0.3.88 firmware. Already run for two days. Look good. I will try to connect the power strip later. Hopefully, it works.

Message 5 of 7
martinyxx
Tutor

problem solved. Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
itsmehuey
Luminary

@martinyxx wrote:
problem solved. Thanks.

great, glad the firmware update helped.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7