× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

having trouble with my xbox series x staying connected

Draama
Aspirant

having trouble with my xbox series x staying connected

I recently bought an new xbox seriex x anf for some reason it seems almost everyday around 11pp to 4 am the internet connection will drop on it about 5-10 times in an hour and each drop lasts about 15-30 seconds sometimes it drops and wont even reconnect ill have to reput in the password or restart the console i have tried multiple things like setting an static ip, port fowarding, even changing the channels for less traffic (changing the channel helped a little) im lost on what to do.xbox community some have this problem some dont some says its a router problem. also to note i had previously an xbox one x never had this problem its in the same spot as it once was. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: having trouble with my xbox series x staying connected

Hello Draama,

What firmware version is your router currently on? I would recommend checking for a firmware update. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Draama
Aspirant

Currently up to date version V1.0.3.106_1.0.50
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello, 

Have you had a moment to get in contact with our support team or Microsoft? Are any other devices having issues staying connected to the network?

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Draama
Aspirant

No not yet and nope everything else works fine even my old Xbox stayed connected without any drops. I haven’t had any problems since I plugged it in via Ethernet cable
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E