× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

issues with rax200 losing access through 192.168.1.1

Cmo1
Apprentice

issues with rax200 losing access through 192.168.1.1

I've had a strange issue lately. After about a week or so, I am no longer able to connect to the interface either by browser or by app.  This happens I have to push the reset button and reload all my settings so I can have control again .  Luckily I have a config file saved, but this is unwanted behavior after the last firmware patch.  Also ipv6 will not work on this firmware.  In addition, the radio signals seemed to have dropped drastically in this build.  They barely broadcast at all.  tried numerous factory resets and reloading firmware etc.  nothing seems to fix.  Are there any beta releases I might try?  I am on firmware hot fixV1.0.2.92_1.0.50

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: issues with rax200 losing access through 192.168.1.1

I would actually try downgrading the firmware for the time being. It isn'tt always the best option but the stable one that works is better than one thats causing issues.

another thing you can try is reinstalling the firmware, reset it, and then install it manually (not from backup). Occassionally, a backup can have a setting that was removed/changed and it causes issues. This is especially true of the RAX line. Reason why is they were released even before the AX spec was finalized and they've had significant firmware changes. Its not ideal not using a backup when you have quite a bit of customizations but its always worth a shot. 

I know they're working on the ipv6 issue but no eta that I've seen. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7