× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax80 wifi drop once per day

avi1000
Follower

rax80 wifi drop once per day

Hi. I have netgear rax 80. It was running for 75 days with the previous firmware v1.0.3.88 with no problems at all, until a few days ago when I upgraded the firmware to v1.0.3.98. Over the past few days the wifi on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands drop out completely after about 18-20 hours of use. I could log into the router over Ethernet and see the internet connection was online but the wifi was down. Once I rebooted the router everything was fine until 18-20 hours later when I had to repeat this process. I have my Wifi region set to Australia and in the latest firmware release notes there was an unrelated issue that was fixed so maybe this could be related to that. I have now downgraded my firmware back to v1.0.3.88. Can this issue be reported to the support team?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: rax80 wifi drop once per day

One thing you can try next time is a factory reset. Its usually the first step if there's issues after a firmware upgrade. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7