× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

run 2.4GB for Feit bulbs

Scott302
Follower

run 2.4GB for Feit bulbs

I just unstalled the Nighthawk Mesh.  I cannot get my Feit WiFi bulbs to locate the router. They need to operate on 2.4GH only.  The bulbs are in the same room as the router and in line of sight.  Any ideas on how to get the bulbs to see the 2.4 side of the router??

Thanks,

Scott

Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: run 2.4GB for Feit bulbs

> I just unstalled the Nighthawk Mesh. [...]

Has it a model number?  Look for "Model" on the product label.

> [...] Any ideas on how to get the bulbs to see the 2.4 side of the
> router??

If the gizmos operate on 2.4GHz only, then there's no problem getting
them not to see the other band.  The usual problem is in getting the
device with the app to use the 2.4GHz band, which seems to be a
requirement during the gizmo set-up procedure (but not for normal
operation, later), for reasons which I don't understand.

Message 2 of 3
PinoyJim
Aspirant

Re: run 2.4GB for Feit bulbs

This is how I finally got everything to work fast and very easily the way it did when you first installed it on your old router.

I used the browser to go the router's settings by entering 192.168.1.1 on the URL.

Under the Wireless menu option on the left, turn off the ENABLE 5G option.Change the 2.4Ghz channel to 1. Click APPLY and wait for the settings to get applied.

Install your bulbs as before and things should work the way they should now. I was also able to get my wireless HP Laserjet Pro 100 to connect after changing the settings.

Once the devices are reconnected, you can turn on the ENABLE 5G back and the devices should continue to work.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7