× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IPv6 DHCP

Intoxicating
Guide

IPv6 DHCP

Hi,

Enabled IPv6 DHCP, the router gets the WAN allocation and devices get IPv6 addresses but no IPv6 traffic passes through. 

I’ve also noticed that even when using custom IPv6 DNS that the ISP supplied DNS also shows up so you get 4 IPv6 DNS addresses. Even when using just the ISP DNS the no IPv6 traffic still occurs. 

The problem only happens with the RS700, I tried my old Orbi RBR850 with firmware version 7.2.6.21 and everything works as expected. 

RS700 with firmware V1.0.7.82_2.0.80

ONT - Adtran SDX622v

IPv6 mode DHCP 

Thanks

BE19000 WiFi 7 Router (RS700) 

Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

How do you know no IPv6 traffic passes through?
Message 2 of 6
Intoxicating
Guide

@microchip8 wrote:
How do you know no IPv6 traffic passes through?

Because no IPv6 is detected when running a IPv6 test https://test-ipv6.com and can’t connect to IPv6 only sites yet when the Orbi is connected the IPv6 test and IPv6 only sites work. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you can enable debug logging on the RBR and collect them before enabling IPv6 and DCHP there, then go thru the motions of checking IPv6 testing then after testing, save off the debug logs and get them to NG. Would be helpful for NG to review these logs. Post this up on a cloud service then send a share link to NG:

@BH-C 

Message 4 of 6
Intoxicating
Guide

Thanks @FURRYe38 

Have sent BH-C a PM with the .zips from both.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Hopefully that will help NG get a fix in place. 
Thank you for your time. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series