Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vivox (unity) Game Voip unable to connect LBR20 , what settings? LBR20 using LTE

Al_Hoff
Aspirant

Vivox (unity) Game Voip unable to connect LBR20 , what settings? LBR20 using LTE

Hey guys, I have been using a franklin tmobile hotspot without too much issue. Of course upgrading to the LBR20 has shown great performance increases. However while using the LBR20 I am running into an issue. A few games use Vivox for ingame voice communication (i'm on pc). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here but its not working when I'm using the LBR20. I've tried manually port forwarding, UPNP, DMZ, disabling SIP ALG, setting that nat option to open (vs strict), Used google dns. But it doesn't work. Of course it works when I use a VPN, and it was working before the new LTE modem/router. I have the latest router and modem firmware according to the admin panel. Not sure what other settings I can really mess with.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Vivox (unity) Game Voip unable to connect LBR20 , what settings? LBR20 using LTE

Hello Al_Hoff,

I understand that you are not able to use Vivox for in-game voice communications on your LBR20. However, you are able to use Vivox with a VPN. This could be due to the region configuration on your LBR20.

Please follow the steps below to resolve your issue:

• First, Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

• Then, Navigate to the "Region" menu to change your region. 

(This option is not available for all regions)

For more information on the LBR20 LTE region configuration please visit the following link and navigate to page 86:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/LBR20/Orbi_LBR20_UM_EN.pdf

Please let me know if this helps! 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Al_Hoff
Aspirant

Re: Vivox (unity) Game Voip unable to connect LBR20 , what settings? LBR20 using LTE

Hello Kevin, I navigated to wireless settings tab. The region already appears to be set to North America (I am in the USA) and the box is grayed out/un-selectable.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7