Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help Identify Mac Address

BGreens
Aspirant

Help Identify Mac Address

I see two wired devices listed on my network, currently not connected, and I cannot figure out what they are.  The MAC ID doesn't show up in any lookup sites I have tried.  The Orbi app will not let me delete them!  What are they?

0E:36:C9:04:59:21

0E:36:C9:04:5D:A9

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help Identify Mac Address

Turn off all devices on the network accept maybe one wired device and see whats is left.

Do a MAC address look up on the internet and see what is revealed. 

Look at all MAC addresses of the Orbi units as well. Those two look similar so maybe related. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@BGreens wrote:

The Orbi app will not let me delete them!  What are they?

Since they are not connected, there is way to discover what they are by powering devices off to see which disappear.

By default, Orbi routers remember every MAC address that has ever been connected so that the router will know how to handle them should they ever appear again. (i.e., are they "Allowed" on the network or "Blocked" from the network). 

The 'app' is not particularly helpful in a number of areas.  The Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net ) provides a method to remove these records.  With a web browser, navigate to the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, Access Control:

CrimpOn_0-1714945436470.png

There are three tables on this page.  The second table (scroll down to see it) lists every device that is "Allowed" on the network but is not currently connected.

If Access Control is not enabled, you must temporarily enable it to modify the tables.  Scroll down, mark any devices that are no longer relevant, click on Remove from the List.  Then restore the enable setting to the original value.  You probably have to click on "Apply" to make the setting "stick".

You are correct that those two MAC addresses do not appear to have valid Organization codes.  If they were WiFi devices, the most likely cause is the setting to randomize WiFi MAC addresses.

Message 3 of 4
BGreens
Aspirant

Thank you. I successfully removed them. I didn't like having stuff on the network of I don't know what it is.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7