Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I want to move the device from one account to another

bealex
Aspirant

I want to move the device from one account to another

Hi. I bought a router, and my friend helped me to install and configure it. In the process he registered it to his account.

Is it possible for the device to be moved from his account to mine? It is mostly OK, but I can't enable Anywhere Access. I guess it is because of it (he can enable/disable Anywhere Access easily).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I want to move the device from one account to another

You friend can go to his page on my.netgear.com 

Click on View Product, then at the very bottom of the page (scroll down - and down - and down) is this:

CrimpOn_0-1710372162928.png

After he unregisters the product, then you should be able to register it to your account.

(and then change the Orbi 'app' to use your account instead of his.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You friend can go to his page on my.netgear.com 

Click on View Product, then at the very bottom of the page (scroll down - and down - and down) is this:

CrimpOn_0-1710372162928.png

After he unregisters the product, then you should be able to register it to your account.

(and then change the Orbi 'app' to use your account instead of his.

Message 2 of 6
bealex
Aspirant

Thanks! I did that, now the devices (router, satellite)  are registered in my account. The button can't be more obscure than that. 🙂

But I still can't enable Anywhere Access. Switching it on in the app (connected locally) gives "Some error occured while enabling/disabling Anywhere Access" error. Which is kinda obscure as well.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

They claim users can report problems by shaking the phone (almost violently)

You are correct that Anywhere Access can be enabled only when the phone is connected locally.

Why it is failing....????? no idea.

Maybe it takes a day for the Netgear "Cloud" to forget about the previous registration?

If you do decide to shake the phone, it would be interesting to hear if you get a response.

Message 4 of 6
bealex
Aspirant

Oh, you can shake it! Nice, filed a bug, let's wait for the response. Thanks again! Almost there!

Message 5 of 6
donald-mate
Aspirant

Yes, it's possible to transfer ownership of the router from your friend's account to yours. Typically, this involves contacting the router manufacturer's customer support or accessing the router's online account management system, if available.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7