Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IOS software fails Again within hours of Reinstallation Problem NOT SOLVED

RWBramel
Tutor

IOS software fails Again within hours of Reinstallation Problem NOT SOLVED

As I reported in an earlier post my ipad version of the orbi software showed "no devices" when the browser version showed 53 devices. The 53 device answer is correct and the ipad version is incorrect. Both my iPad and iPhone show "zero devices"

I implemented a suggestion to delete the software and reinstall, and for a few hours that worked on my iPad. Later when I reinstalled on the iPhone it didn't work; and a few minutes later when I checked the iPad version it had reverted to "no devices".

This problem is definitely NOT SOLVED.

Just to be clear, my ipad and iphone are running latest iOS versions as of 17May 2020 and the router firmware is also the latest as of that date. Router has been rebooted and both the ipad and iphone have been rebooted, all in an attempt to solve this problem.

The browser version of orbi works properly and shows all devices.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Re: IOS software fails Again within hours of Reinstallation Problem NOT SOLVED

This is crazy! I tried again after posting the previous message and again, the app showed no devices. I tried speed check (which previously had not produced an answer) and surprisingly I got correct speeds of around 200mbps. THEN I returned to the home page and. Amazingly all the devices showed up. What is going on ?

Tried a speed check using my iphone (this is the installation that previously had showed zero) and got good speed results. Returned to the home page and now it also shows devices.

Message 2 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RBWramel, 

May you provide the current firmware version your device is on along with the current Orbi app version you have installed on your iOS device. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 8
chocmonk01
Aspirant

Firmware on router/satellite: V2.5.1.8

App version on IoS: 2.5.1.2

As in teh other posts, Device Manager on the Iphone says "No device found!" while web shows them all.  Speed testing has no impact.

Smiley Mad

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Sometimes the Orbi software works; later it won’t; later still it will

So, the title says it. i have iOS orbi software on both an ipad and an iPhone. Both devices are fully up to date. Both have the latest Orbi software. Whether the Orbi will show the 50+ devices or show '"no devices found"" is a random event. Again last night five attempts from my phone got "no devices". This morning, with no changes to anything, the iPhone shows all devices. Same thing has happened with the iPad.

Message 5 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Sometimes the Orbi software works; later it won’t; later still it will

Hello chocmonk01 & RWBramel,

There is a new firmware available for the RBR/RBS50 along with Orbi app version (iOS) v2.5.2.1. Please update the firmware on your Orbi unit and reinstall the Orbi app on your devices. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netgear-orbi/id1182184397

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Very interesting! My system has 2.5.1.8 for the RBR50 and both RBS50's. When I log into orbi with a browser and check for updates it says clearly "No new firmware version available". This is annoying since I've trusted this info. I'll try "manual update" with the link you've provided. It is not reassuring that the browser page is messed up.

Message 7 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Well, I downloaded the RBR50 and RBS50 img files and attempted to get the orbi manual firmware update process to update the firmware. After 15 minutes (at least) of the spinning wheel with no progress at all, I closed the webpage. Fortunately the router didn't even start any upgrade, so my system still works. (The instructions said to hit "cancel" before closing, but, of course, no "cancel" button ever appeared.)

My Orbi iOS software, the one causing the problem (sometimes) was already up to date, and incidentally, just before I began this upgrade process I checked my iphone and the Orbi app again was showing the devices, so again it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Hopefully Netgear will get its act together and make the firmware update automatic as it is supposed to be, rather than showing that there is no firmware update.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7