Re: Netgear Orbi app vulnerabilities detected

Josh17
Follower

Netgear Orbi app vulnerabilities detected

IMG_7472.PNG

Hello,

My Netgear Orbi app 'security' seems to be all over the shop. the rating has dropped down to 66 (low) and I have no idea how to bring that number up.

It says 'Vulnerabilities Detected - 260' all from my LG TV, has anyone had the same issues and know how to rectify this?

The 'Recommendations' suggest 'Enable Guest WIFI Network/Install Bitdefender Security/Update WIFI Password' but they do not seem to change anything if I do what is recommended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Sensei

Assuming that Bitdefender Armor has been enabled on this Orbi, then that product is complaining about the LG TV.  One step might be to open the TV setup menu and see if there is a firmware update for the TV.

This question is actually more about what Armor is doing than the Orbi "app", so it might be more likely to get an informed response if the question is posted in the Armor community forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

(Netgear probably thought creating all these separate community forums was a good idea. My, I'm not so sure.)

If you could take a screen shot of those complaints, someone might recognize how serious they are.)

I love my Orbi.
Message 2 of 9
Catchingthebus
Aspirant

Same deal and similar number of vulnerabilities. The detailed description of the vulnerabilities is not provided even though Netgear says they would be.
Message 3 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Catchingthebus,

May you visit armor.netgear.com and let me know if you're able to see the vulnerabilities/description listed there.

Christian 

Message 4 of 9
J-mazz
Aspirant

Message 5 of 9
J-mazz
Aspirant

I’ve got the same issue … the list of 265 vulnerabilities for my LGWebOs tv is blank!

Appears to be bug?
Message 6 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello J-mazz, 

Can you visit the Armor portal at armor.netgear.com and check to see if you're able to view the vulnerabilities there.

Christian 

Message 7 of 9
Tobitigger
Aspirant

I have the same issues. Upgraded from my ASUS RT-N56 to a RAX45 and now Armor started its 30 day free trial promptly messing things up that never were a problem.

My rating says 79, I recently had a TV update as of two days ago, yesterday I installed the new router, everything is running bad. Is there a way uninstalling/removing armor? Might as well just return this router.

Message 8 of 9
grouffa
Aspirant

Have the same problem
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E