Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

mgar2112
Aspirant

Received 5 of the "Guest WiFi PN Guest-Wifi Test deep link" notifications starting at 9:40 am PDT.

Router: RBR50

Satellite: RBS50

Firmware: v2.7.4.24

Orbi app version: 2.27.1.3003 running on Android version 13

Guest Wifi: Disabled 

Anywhere Access: Disabled.

Message 101 of 182
fl1zz3r
Aspirant

Re: Suspicious notification spam

Greetings.  I experienced the same thing most everyone else has this morning.  Using an Orbi RBR750 and version 2.271.79 of the Orbi mobile app.  Hopefully it's just a broadcast push notification erroneously sent from Netgear testing.

Thanks for any light that can be shed.

Brian

Message 102 of 182
KittyLaStrange
Aspirant

I had the same "Guest WiFi PN- Guest WiFi Test deep link" notifications from the Android app. 5 of them over 10mins and my guest WiFi is off. I have an Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 High-Performance Router with 2 satellites

Message 103 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, NETGEAR app team has this under review. Hopefully resolved soon.

Let us know if you keep seeing these messages throughout today. 

Message 104 of 182

RBR750 w/WPA3 guest network enabled. Recently got a series of alert messages for "deep link test". Searched the support site for a list of messages (and their meanings) and came up empty. Can someone post a link to this content, or post the list of messages and their meanings? Would be much appreciated.

Message 105 of 182
vag74
Initiate

Today notifications began to arrive with the message "Orbi guest wifi test deep link notification"
I have a system RBK53 firmware v2.7.4.24 the phone is an Android version 10 of the brand Xiaomi model Mi Mix 3

Message 106 of 182
JeriD
Star

RBR40 and 2 satellites: Same thing for me as well. I have gotten a bunch of notifications this morning about deep link on guest wifi. Was very concerned until I saw everyone else having the same thing. Hope it stops shortly. 

Message 107 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, NETGEAR app team has this under review now. Hopefully resolved soon.

Let us know if you keep seeing these messages throughout today. 

Message 108 of 182
flam1111
Initiate

RBR50, Firmware 2.7.4.24.

Same problem....seeing Guest WIFI PN, Guest WIFI Deep Link test notification on mobile platform (IOS).

Message 109 of 182
hart808
Aspirant

Same messages (4) from my Orbi app for our RBR50 device.

Message 110 of 182
orbiguest
Aspirant

same notification with my RBK53 system

Message 111 of 182
Tuvin
Aspirant

Yes I'm getting the same message, I have no idea where it comes from but it's happening repeatedly in the last day or so.

If someone from netgear can just verify that this is legitimate then that would be great, why do I have to assume it's a likely bad actor.

cheers,

T

Message 112 of 182
TSacca-1295
Aspirant

Seeing the same messaging 'Test Deep Link'

Message 113 of 182
UnoDos3
Aspirant

I just hope that this isn’t some form of a phishing attack to get us to click the Orbi app and harvest our username and password.
Message 114 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, NETGEAR app team has this under review now. Hopefully resolved soon.

Message 115 of 182
Scott_Young
Aspirant

Same issue; along same timeframe - "Guest Wifi PN  -  Guest WiFi Test deep link" 

Message 116 of 182
GME2
Aspirant

Today I've received on my Orbi app these five notifications: "Guest WiFi PN Guest WiFi Test deep link."  I've never rec'd this notification before and don't understand it.  There's also a box "Unable to Connect to Router."  My devices are connected to the Orbi router, so I don't know what is "unable to connect to router."  Also, the Guest WiFi setting is off; I don't recall ever using the guest wifi nor do I have a guest wifi password.  (This situation may be completely unrelated, but recently, I've notice that when I return home, my smart phone often does not automatically reconnect to the Orbi router.  It's staying connected to a random Xfinity connection (my Internet provider), even though the Orbi router is has a much better signal.  I have to manually connect the phone to the Orbi router.  Again, this is new problem.)  Thank you for your assistance in diagnosing this problem.  Gregg

Message 117 of 182
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thanks @FURRYe38 . I haven't been here for a while, nice to see that you're still here active as ever. I've received the same notifications this morning. 

Message 118 of 182
Subzone
Aspirant

Happened to me too. Commenting so I see a reply when the app team posts an update.
Message 119 of 182
Extra23107
Aspirant

Betreff: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

The same problem occurs here. Clicked on the push message and was directed to the guest network menu in the app.

Orbi-System: RBR20
Phone-Os: IOS 16.5.1
App-Version: 2.27.1.79
Message 120 of 182
IAmJeff
Initiate

Just spoke with support - They indicated it was a test of the Orbi App notification system and was in error, but that should all be resolved now. Had them run a systems and security check - all seemed well. They suggested I reach back out if anything else odd happen, but they advised this was not a phish or malicious attack.

Message 121 of 182
imd14you76
Aspirant

Been receiving the "Guest WiFI Test Deep Link" (5x) the past hour.  On the message log, you can see the message occurrence (in addition to the phone notification).    Following this thread for response

Message 122 of 182
GB604
Initiate

I got all the same push notifications on my iPhone as well. The other thing i noticed in the Device Manager was unfamiliar device - OPENWRT Computer, connected to 5GHz.

Message 123 of 182
stibe
Initiate

Got the same.

Could someone at Netgear please explain what are these notifications that just suddenly started popping up to my Android device?

"Guest WiFi PN'
'Guest WiFi Test deep link"

I have never seen such notices and suddenly got about 7 of them before unplugging my device.

I have an Orbi RBR352.
Message 124 of 182
C4H7
Star

It’s not reassuring NG support doesn’t seen to know, or hasn’t yet been able to yet find out, what’s going on with the notifications.
Message 125 of 182
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7