Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBS50Y RBS50 Needs remote controls

NEALS49
Follower

ORBI RBS50Y RBS50 Needs remote controls

Seems like a simple software add? What is up with the lack of remote controls for the ORBI RBR50 series?

I have two RBS50Y in active use... Mounted up high and not a easy task to work on. However work great covering two farms.

Have 3 RBS50 in active use spread around two farms. Again work great but when needed to do any work I have to go to them. 

Lack of proper remote controls make these devices a serious pain. 

Need Remote reboot of each device! 

Need Remote power control on each device!

For for the RBS50Y why is there not a Temp monitor? as They for SURE DONT LIKE THE COLD.

You dont need new devices every year? Why not keeping making your devices better and better. Get better quality software.

Why is this a problem and why is it not already there. Your products seem to be held back by software than hardware. 

Message 1 of 2

Re: ORBI RBS50Y RBS50 Needs remote controls

@NEALS49 wrote:

Seems like a simple software add? What is up with the lack of remote controls for the ORBI RBR50 series?

The Orbi app controls control things that are possible and that matter on a router, including a reboot.

If you are talking about stuff outside the router, like the mains power, there's not much that you can do by remote control.

This comes up when people want to be able to restart a device that has lost power in their absence. Hard to think how you could do that when the connection dead.

For for the RBS50Y why is there not a Temp monitor? as They for SURE DONT LIKE THE COLD.

That makes sense. I have a cheap weather station in the garden with a temperature sensor that reports local conditions.

But what would you gain by knowing that the satellite is too cold? Not much you can do.

By the way, a better place to talk about Orbi issues might be here:

Orbi Mesh Systems - NETGEAR Communities

When it comes to ideas for new features, that also has its own bolthole:

Idea Exchange For Home - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7