Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App and RBR20

Yummy571
Tutor

Orbi App and RBR20

System was working perfectly for past two months, very stable, excellent.  I then decided to boost the signal so that I get wifi down in my garage below. I bought an outdoor satellite RBS50Y and that is when i got a meltdown in the system!! I since disconnected the outdoor satellite as the signal did not penetrate downwards much, so I gave up and resigned to the fact that i wasted 330 euros! That I accepted and it sits nicely on the shelf! However, soon after II lost contact with a Philips Hue lamp I had which always worked perfectly, I then lost contact with the google nest hub, it can't find the wifi!! And today my wife lost Orbi wifi on her mobile. I checked on App and I got the message "the connected devices not found". I uninstalled the App, and re-installed. I performed many shut down operations on Orbi router as well as on Google Nest Hub. All in vain. Anyone can help please? Wifi is still good on other devices. 

I am attaching some screenshots. The network map still shows outdoor satellite still connected but it is not!!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi App and RBR20

Hello Yummy571, 

May you try checking the Orbi's web interface to see if the RBS50Y is still connected.

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Yummy571
Tutor

Hi Christian,

the problem seems to ahve been resolved s I made a factory reset. However today I reconnected the outdoor satellite and all works well. However even though all seems functioning well, on the Orbi App i am getting a red dot near the RBR20 router !!! It is indicating that it is offline!!! Is this something that I can fix from my end or is it equipment or App  failure?? I am attaching the network map. thanks.Take care

William

Message 3 of 6
Yummy571
Tutor

Yes all connected (orange dot) please see screenshot attached. Some secure websites we can't access however all other sites no problem. This is very strange as since router is offline according to the Orbi App then nothing should work !!
Message 4 of 6
Yummy571
Tutor

How do I check the web interface please ??
Message 5 of 6
Yummy571
Tutor

Hi the problem is still there. The router shows that it is offline!! I DO have internet otherwise on all devices yet some devices can't access certain secure sites! I am reattaching the screenshot. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series