Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50

BrianJ44
Guide

Orbi RBR50

Orbi App 2.30.1.7 IOS installed...my RBR50 Router shows up on the APP but the 3 RBS50 Satellites do not. The device however shows all 25 connected devices. I did turn off Private WIFI address on my Iphones as well as Limit IP Address Tracking...any help in solving this appreciated. I would have thought by now Orbi would have corrected since this has been going on since the year 2020. My iPhone is a 14 currently updated to IOS 17.0.3

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

If the RBS and RBR are all on same version of FW, then your good to go. 

I might power off the ISP modem, RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router and RBS been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on RBS, computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

does it show if you log in through the browse and not the app? 

what modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Are the satellites connected through a switch? Are they wireless? Wired? 

A little more details help

Message 3 of 8
BrianJ44
Guide

Hi Furry e38...thank you so much for the response. I apologize I did not respond sooner as I lost my entire Wi-Fi for a day. I followed your steps and unfortunately the Orbi Router would not re-connect to the Wi-Fi. I have the Orbi Router set up in Router Mode and hooked in directly with Verizon Wi-Fi and I no longer use the Verizon modem. I ended up having to factory reset everything and it still did not work. I had a new Orbi RBR50v2 that I had purchased on sale as a backup years ago. I ended up hooking that up and everything is now working including the Orbi APP... go figure!! My question is, my 3 satellites are all updated to V2.7.5.4. Currently the new router is using V2.7.5.4. I can manually update it to V2.7.5.4 but wonder if that is what caused the problem with the old Orbi although it was working for over a year with the latest update. Your thoughts appreciated.

Message 4 of 8
BrianJ44
Guide

Hi Plemans, thank you so much for the response...here is what I communicated to Furrye38...thank you so much for the response. I apologize I did not respond sooner as I lost my entire Wi-Fi for a day. I followed your steps and unfortunately the Orbi Router would not re-connect to the Wi-Fi. I have the Orbi Router set up in Router Mode and hooked in directly with Verizon Wi-Fi and I no longer use the Verizon modem. I ended up having to factory reset everything and it still did not work. I had a new Orbi RBR50v2 that I had purchased on sale as a backup years ago. I ended up hooking that up and everything is now working including the Orbi APP... go figure!! My question is, my 3 satellites are all updated to V2.7.5.4. Currently the new router is using V2.7.5.4. I can manually update it to V2.7.5.4 but wonder if that is what caused the problem with the old Orbi although it was working for over a year with the latest update. Your thoughts appreciated.

In response to your question...I have my OrbiRBR50v2 set up as my Router going directly to Verizon Wi-Fi. I no longer use their modem. My satellites, 3 of them, RBS50 are wireless. As I told Furrye38 the Orbi APP now works and my question is whether to manually update the new Router. Your thoughts appreciated.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If the RBS and RBR are all on same version of FW, then your good to go. 

I might power off the ISP modem, RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 8
BrianJ44
Guide

FURRYe38 ...THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND GREAT ADVICE!!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

😉

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7