Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app - Device manager

Delperdange
Aspirant

Orbi app - Device manager

Hello,

I have a orbi RBR750 with 2 satellites and I run the orbi app on iOS. App and firmware are up to date. iOS as well.
Most of the time, I have no access to the manager device on the app. I open it, it seems to download for a while and finally says sthg like « Sorry, we were not able to open the manager in a decent time ».
I have to add that the wifi is functioning perfectly and at an excellent speed.
I already restart the wifi, delete and reinstall the app…
Device manager is for me a key feature since I use it to manage my kids access to wifi, but in my case, the availability is so random that I do not dare to use it anymore.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Stephanie
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Would it be correct to assume that this Orbi 750 system has Smart Parental Controls (SPC) enabled?

Do other parts of the Orbi 'app' appear to function correctly?

Is there another device that the Orbi 'app' can be loaded on?

Just to double check.... the firmware on this system if v7.2.6.21, correct?

Message 2 of 6
Delperdange
Aspirant

First, thank you for your answer!

No, I do not have the SPC enabled, I use to monitor kids access via iOS, but I just want to be able to shut down their wifi from time to time.

I do not use much the other apps, but they seem to run correctly.

If I use the app in my iPad, I cross the same issue.

And yes, I have the correct firmware.

I just have a stupid question - I am not pro - my orbi router being in the basement, I am usually connect on satellite 1 or 2. Is it possible that I miss any type of update on the satellites themself?

Thanks so much!
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Delperdange wrote:
 my orbi router being in the basement, I am usually connect on satellite 1 or 2. Is it possible that I miss any type of update on the satellites themself?

The Orbi 'app' connects only to the router.  (Alas, I have no 'fruit' devices.....) On the Android Orbi 'app', clicking on the menu in the upper left (often called a 'hamburger' menu) the top menu item shows the Orbi system it is connected to and whether it is "locally connected" or using "Anywhere Access".  (One of the things that annoys me about the Orbi 'app' is that it defaults to Anywhere Access even when connected directly to the Orbi WiFi.)

When I click on the Network Map, rather than on "Device Manager", I also get a list of connected devices which have that "Pause Slider" control.  Does your app work the same way?

Message 4 of 6
Delperdange
Aspirant

Thank you!

Yes, the iOS app works the same way. I already tried accessing the « device manager » via the local router and/or the list in satellites, but when it bugs, it bugs all the way around.
I would say that it works 1/5 and it bugs 4/5, but I have not identify any form of trigger event explaining why it sometimes works and most of the time not.

Thanks!!
Stephanie
Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Guessing you have powered everything off and then restarted the system? (modem, then router, then satellites?)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7