Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with iOS 16.5.1

jklines
Apprentice

Problems with iOS 16.5.1

When I first updated, I was actually surprised when all of my devices connected. After changing setting for IPv6, I had to shut off WiFi on iPhones and iPads to reconnect to WiFi, but everything connected. Today, two iPhone 12s, an iPad Pro, and another iPad all running iOS 16.5.1 went through a period where they were having trouble connecting and on each finally rebooted to get WiFi connection to work again.

In addition, the iPhone Orbi app was having issues. In the Home Screen, it shows 18 devices connected in the Device Manager summary window which conflicts a bit with the browser app that shows 28 active ... but even worse, if I tap on Device Manager to manage the devices, it shows "Loading ..." with spinner for about a minute or two and then shows window saying "Sorry, your device list failed to load, please try again later" with OK button.

The other place that typically shows devices is on the drill down to the router or satellite from the Network Map ... but both of those indicate No network devices found.

Everything seems to be working fine in browser app.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problems with iOS 16.5.1

Any progress on this?

What Orbi system model do you have?

I presume you have updated Orbi app by now? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/New-Orbi-App-Versions-and-Updates/td-p/2308199/jump-to/fir...

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

My iPhone 12 Pro Max is on iOS 16.5 and working fine with Orbi app. 

@jklines wrote:

When I first updated, I was actually surprised when all of my devices connected. After changing setting for IPv6, I had to shut off WiFi on iPhones and iPads to reconnect to WiFi, but everything connected. Today, two iPhone 12s, an iPad Pro, and another iPad all running iOS 16.5.1 went through a period where they were having trouble connecting and on each finally rebooted to get WiFi connection to work again.

In addition, the iPhone Orbi app was having issues. In the Home Screen, it shows 18 devices connected in the Device Manager summary window which conflicts a bit with the browser app that shows 28 active ... but even worse, if I tap on Device Manager to manage the devices, it shows "Loading ..." with spinner for about a minute or two and then shows window saying "Sorry, your device list failed to load, please try again later" with OK button.

The other place that typically shows devices is on the drill down to the router or satellite from the Network Map ... but both of those indicate No network devices found.

Everything seems to be working fine in browser app.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7