Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 cannot connect from App

Oecher01
Follower

RBR750 cannot connect from App

My router keeps dropping internet connection and than won‘t reconnect through the app.
After resetting my modem and resetting the router, internet connection returns and the Wi-Fi network is okay, but I still cannot connect to the router via app though I am standing next to it….happened now three evenings in a row… always around same time…
Any ideas?
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

We've seen a lot of people reporting issues with the app lately. 

If you're on ios, make sure to disable icloud relay and private mac/ip address. 

A lot of people are waiting on an app or firmeware update to fix the issue. 

In the mean time, they've been logging in through the browser to manage their device

Message 2 of 6
nanidanni
Guide

Thanks for the advice!

I have tried that on my iPhone, but still cannot connect to the router. Even use Android phone, but same issue. Also, cannot connect to the router on any browsers neither URL or IP address are working.

I saw many people are having the same issues the past few days, and someone even factory reset the router but now cannot even connect to it anymore...

So, I will not be doing anything for the next few days, and hope someone will come up with the solutions. 🙂

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Did you try the factory reset?

Message 4 of 6
nanidanni
Guide

No. I saw someone in another post did factory reset, but was not able to connect to the router afterwards. So, I just want to wait few more days until someone has a better suggestions than factory reset. It is a big trouble to go through since I have over 100 devices connecting to my wifi... Hope Netgear will come out with a real fix or firmware update for this. Many people on this community are having the same issue, so I do not think it has anything to do with my specific router hardware.

Message 5 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7