Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr50

Bigbeauty
Follower

Rbr50

Since updating my android software my orbi app is no longer working any ideas please
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Rbr50

@Bigbeauty wrote:
Since updating my android software my orbi app is no longer working any ideas please

That are not raging conspiracy theories or obscenity laden rants?

Seriously, the latest version of the Android  app is defective.  The forum is filling up with posts from users who are frustrated.

• If the user had previously enabled Anywhere Access, the app will connect to the router through the Netgear cloud and do whatever you want. Except...
  • If the user attempts to select a Local Access, then the app fails (this way....)
  • When the user has not enabled Anywhere Access, the app forces the user to enter the router credentials (not the app credentials) and immediately fails with "Logon timed out."
  • Users who want to administer Parental Controls or Armor are screwed.
  • Users who want to set up Alexa on an RBS40V (voice) are screwed.
  • Users who have Parental Controls and want to block or pause devices are screwed.
  • The web browser interface remains fully operational, provided:
    • The user remembers the router password.
    • The user does not want to do anything with Orbi Voice, Parental Controls, or Armor.

By now, Netgear is certainly aware of the issue and (probably) has assigned someone (or a team?) to find a solution, verify that the solution does not create some other problem, and release the new version publicly.  When a new version will appear is not known.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Rbr50

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7