Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Unknown Error" when attempting to delete an old device in Device Manager

NetworkingNate
Aspirant

"Unknown Error" when attempting to delete an old device in Device Manager

My problem:

I'm unable to delete an old device from the the Device Manager section of the Orbi app. Attempting to "Delete This Device" within Device Manager yields the following error:

Error

Unknown Error.

The device in question is not connected to the network, so I can think of no reason I shouldn't be able to remove it from the Devices list.

Background:

• I recently relocated our mesh hardware (1 RBR750 router, 2 RBS750 satellites) to a new home and just finished setting it up. The network appears to be running smoothly. I noticed this problem while reviewing information in the Orbi app after the install.
  • I can delete other (unconnected) devices from the Devices list. This problem seems to be specific to a particular previously connected device.
  • I have restarted all of the hardware in our network, which has had no impact on the problem.
  • I have deleted/reinstalled the Orbi app. This also has had no impact on the problem.
  • The description under the device name simply reads "Network". I'm not sure what this indicates? Other devices have a description that usually includes a manufacturer and in some cases a device type (e.g., "Apple * iPad")

Many thanks in advance for any help/insight others can offer!

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: "Unknown Error" when attempting to delete an old device in Device Manager

the app is running on Android or Apple device?

Message 2 of 3
NetworkingNate
Aspirant

Re: "Unknown Error" when attempting to delete an old device in Device Manager

Sorry for neglecting to include that detail…

Running the Orbi app on iOS (iPhone SE).
Orbi app is version 2.12.0.22
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7