Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"We can't find your Orbi"

tjtrimble
Luminary

"We can't find your Orbi"

Hello,  for the past couple months I haven't been able to use the IOS app to manage my RBR850.  The app used to work on my 12 Pro and Xs.  Oddly it still  only works on my iPad Air 2.  I am on the local network and I am able to use the browser to connect on these devices.  My orbi is in AP mode.    All I get is a message "We can't find your Orbi".  I am not on a VPN. Any ideas on what to check?  All IOS, apps, and firmware are up to date.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
tjtrimble
Luminary

Re: "We can't find your Orbi"

I got it.  I had "Limit IP Address Tracking" turned on.  I turned that off and I am able to connect via the app now.  Go to Settings, Wifi, click the info icon next to your network, and the option to Limit IP Address Tracking is there.  I had that turned on to limit ad tracking.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your ISP modems wifi is disabled. 

What FW is loaded on the 8 series in AP mode? 

Be sure your devices are connected to the 8 series wifi signal. 

Un-install the Orbi app then reboot the mobile device then re-install the app. 

Message 2 of 4
tjtrimble
Luminary

I got it.  I had "Limit IP Address Tracking" turned on.  I turned that off and I am able to connect via the app now.  Go to Settings, Wifi, click the info icon next to your network, and the option to Limit IP Address Tracking is there.  I had that turned on to limit ad tracking.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya.....one Apple feature I wish they would not enable by default. I get it there is a reason for it. However that's mostly needed when users travel outside the home. I believe it's really not needed while at home base. I keep this disabled always while at home. 

Glad that did the trick. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7