Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone has these SXK30 issues?

BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Anyone has these SXK30 issues?

Hi All,

I see users post below comments. Does anyone have the these issues? Please contact us for support.

user1

I’ve owned many previous netgear and orbi routers, this one is the absolute worst. It loses internet connection every few days which requires the router to be rebooted. I currently run two older orbi systems in a couple of my rental properties and they are flawless, but this new one sucks. I wish I could return this $500 router and multiple satellites. Now on the hunt for a new router brand. 😞

user2

This set of SXR30 base station + SXS30 satellite replaced an older pair of Orbi routers. I wanted something with vlan capability and more customizability, and this seemed like a good fit.
The settings are nice and the admin web interface isn't bad to use, but poor design seems to have made it extremely unreliable. I'm fairly confident that this is poor software design; a factory reset made it behave normally for a couple of days, and since then it's done the same thing, taking less and less time to stop responding (unable to log into admin panel/etc, even when hardwired) and need a reboot. I'm reasonably confident something is racking up resources until it hangs. This has survived several firmware updates as well. It runs linux, which is interesting. Maybe netgear can share how to log in as root so users can figure out what's going on?

Sincerely, 

Bruce from Engineering team

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Anyone has these SXK30 issues?

@BruceGuo Did you try PM'ing the users? 

do you have the post links? 

Maybe we've responded to them or they'll respond on there with more details. 

Message 2 of 7
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

It is in Amazon reviews. Unfortunately. Amazon doesn't allow us to reply there so we cannot contact these users.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Tried logging into my amazon account to see if you can leave a comment. You used to be able to but wasn't able to anymore. Must have been disabled as I tried it on several different products. Hope a few will pop up on here

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@plemans a lot of false comments on the US Amazon requiring correction. What hurts most is that people expect that they can order US/FCC products from and export worldwide, expect they get the "right" power supplies, not understanding what a switching power supply is, not understanding that FCC regulations don't allow user access to reconfigure using other bands as required for other regulatory areas. Netgear should provide education and training for Amazon on their products to avoid false complaints falling back on Netgear. at the end of the day, Amazon customers show up here in the community complaining about US/FCC products coming with wrong power supplies for their market, being just partially compatible with other legislation, ... 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@BruceGuo 

Is there a KB article outlinging or giving this information about Exported US and NON US spec power supplies and requirements for these cases? I recommend if you don't have a KB or a forum FAQ, I would generate something so all regional and world wide current and perspective owners and buyers can review this information so they have the details before they buy something. 

For User 2:

We are seeing soem memory creep on Home versions of Orbi AX systems  currently on there debug page for Memory/Usage. Wondering if this could be happening on Orbi Pro systems? Would have to run the Orbi pro in both router and AP mode and monitor the memory useage page to see if this value gets near max and if so, what is happening when this maxes out. 

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@BruceGuo 

Is there a KB article outlinging or giving this information about Exported US and NON US spec power supplies and requirements for these cases?

The power supply part -should- be clear in the sense that Netgear states "nnn (x) 12V/3.5A power adapters (varies based on region)", certainly on the AX1800 Dual-Band Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini Mesh System -> Specs page, as well as on the SXK30 Data Sheet. Yes, other recent models are missing this information in the specs and data sheets - so it's more than vague.

I would prefer what Netgear does (partially at least) for example on the WAX630 Product Data Sheet:

Warranty and Support

• Hardware Limited Warranty 5 years
  • Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement 5 years
  • Technical support (online, phone) 90 days free from date of purchase*
  • ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7 Service Packs**
    PMB0312-10000S, 1 year
    PMB0332-10000S, 3 years
    PMB0352-10000S, 5 years

Ordering Information

• WAX630-100NAS US
  • WAX630PA-100NAS US (Power adapter included)
  • WAX630-100EUS Europe and Asia Pacific

Undeclared is that the US/FCC (NAS) versions are -not- transferable to other markets, not because of the 100..120 V power supply, (which perfectly fits for for China or Taiwan for example, too) with the prongs design - much more because of the FCC does not allow! Needless to say, the list of variants on the ordering information will be longer - there are just three (one with the US power supply), so net two which are all PoE+/PoE++ models, coming without localized power supplies..

Making all this clear in the online specs and the formal Product Data Sheets - cost is minimal because I guess that most data sheets are not printed "en masse" - and most rants would be from the table.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements