× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Max devices (licenses)

KHMN
Follower

Max devices (licenses)

Can someone please tell me how I can ensure the maximum number of devices are supported by my network? From my understanding Netgear released a software update to their routers to support up to 512 devices. Do I only need to change the subnet mask to 255.255.252.0, or do i need to change the the start and stop IP addresses to 192.168.1.2 & 192.168.2.254. Do I change both? 

Background: I run a 6 Satellite Orbi Pro Mesh network for a busy building where dozens of people come through every day with multiple devices trying to get on the network as well as devices normally in the building itself (Apple TV's, Tablets, raspberry Pi's). I also have the DHCP lease time set to two hours just to try and free up licenses since so many people come through my buildings.

Bottom line: try to max the number of devices on the network, not overall concerned with individual device speeds (no streaming services need to be running smoothly, just devices connected to network.

Model: SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Max devices (licenses)

@KHMN wrote:

Can someone please tell me how I can ensure the maximum number of devices are supported by my network? From my understanding Netgear released a software update to their routers to support up to 512 devices.

What yeu heard appears to be correct. It is stated in the Release Notes dated 3/14/2021:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062986/SRR60-SRS60-Firmware-Version-2-6-2-200 

I would think how it supports 512 clients will be obvious once the firmware is updated.  I notice references to Netgear's "Insight" management system.  There is also a dim memory of the "Pro" product having more of a support structure than the residential product (none after 90 days).

This is one of those cases where it might be worth posting the question in the community forum for the Pro product, in case someone who participates in that forum has already installed this new firmware: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7