Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi SXR30 4.3.4.200 Killed 1 Wifi Network?

ry8s
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi SXR30 4.3.4.200 Killed 1 Wifi Network?

Hey all,

After the latest firmware update on my Netgear Orbi SXR30 Router and its 2 SXS30 satellite APs a month ago - my main wifi network has been basically disconnected. Tablets, laptops, Matter IoT devices, Roku TVs - either they can't connect to the network at all, or they 'connect' but have no internet access, but I think they do have LAN access.

At first I thought it was a messed up Satellite as it looked like it got un-synced during the update (magenta light) so I unplugged the satellite, and issues persisted. I killed & re-synced the Satellite and things magically started working for about 8 hours and then all of a sudden network issues came back. Once again it just started working on its own, phones, tablets, everything on wifi could all of a sudden connect. That lasted for a few weeks, but the last few days, once again, everything has gone to hell, until late last night, and as of right now, everything is working just fine. I did re-apply the new firmware update yesterday since downgrading didn't seem to do anything.

A list of items I've noted so far:

• This only impacts wireless devices on a single VLAN (1)/ wifi network (also 1 with that VLAN applied).
  • Hardwired devices on the same VLAN (PC, Servers, RPi) have thankfully had no issues.
  • I tested with a laptop - on wifi it can't connect, plug into a satellite and it can connect fine - all the same VLAN.
  • I do have multiple VLANs and it does appear to only be this 1 VLAN that of course is my main network. it looks like everything on my IoT network continues to contact the internet just fine.
  • I gave my iPhone a static IP, and it shows up in my Netgear Orbi portal but my phone will not use the wifi for internet access but can access the local network.
  • Some other devices can't access the network at all. I don't see any IP Conflicts or anything else digging around the admin portal and nothing in the logs.

Please let me know if anyone has ANY idea or trail I can track to see what is going on here. Much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi SXR30 4.3.4.200 Killed 1 Wifi Network?

So this happens will all other wireless VLANs disabled? 

Did this happen on prior version of FW? 

How was the FW on the system updated? Manually or automatic? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since updating to check this problem?

Message 2 of 3
ry8s
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Orbi SXR30 4.3.4.200 Killed 1 Wifi Network?

I have not tried disabling any other VLANs or other wireless networks - I will test that the next time the issue occurs.  The issue disappeared a couple days ago, last time it took a couple weeks for it to come back, and then also resolved after a couple days.

This did not happen on any previous FW - except the issue did persist after downgrading to 4.3.3.106.  All upgrades to 4.3.4.200 have been through me triggering it though the Netgear Insight iOS app.

I have not done a factory reset yet, that will likely be my next step if the issues comes back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements