Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi SXS80 Magenta light stays on even with connected internet

Techdeskxy
Aspirant

Orbi SXS80 Magenta light stays on even with connected internet

Recently I noticed that the status light magenta stays solid on my Orbi Satellite SXS80. I checked and there are devices connected to it that have access to the internet. In the logs it is showing that access was denied to WLAN. I do not have any MAC ACL setup.  All those MAC addresses are from different devices that are working fine. The main Orbi router has no lights on and working fine. I have rebooted all the Orbis and the Firewalla via the app. 

Techdeskxy_0-1711646439991.png

Setup: ATT modem connected to Firewalla Purple and then to the Orbi main router setup in AP mode. Firewalla is my router. I have the Satellite the main Orbi not being monitored by the firewall. 

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi SXS80 Magenta light stays on even with connected internet

@Techdeskxy wrote:

Recently I noticed that the status light magenta stays solid on my Orbi Satellite SXS80.

Not an Orbi Pro geek however, a brief peek on the fine documentation p.15 ff. does show

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 System LED Behavior.PNG

Magenta. The satellite failed to sync to the router. See The router and satellite do not sync chapter does start on page 225.

Message 2 of 3
Techdeskxy
Aspirant

Re: Orbi SXS80 Magenta light stays on even with connected internet

Yes, I had seen that before but it was not the case because the devices still had internet connection even though the Orbi was giving a magenta light. 

I was able to resolve, allowing ICMP ping to my home network. I guess the Orbi pings the network to check on the status of the connection. It was previously disabled for security reasons. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements