Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi pro sxr80 wifi upload speed drop

xifa4
Follower

Orbi pro sxr80 wifi upload speed drop

Hi, I have Orbi pro sxr80 and 1 x satellite unit. When I first setup my test device iPad running latest iOS with test wifi app setup that performs upload and download local speed test to local LAN connected device had results of around 750-800Mbs down and around 500-600Mbs upload speed. All of a sudden this same test with the same devices on the same 5Ghz wifi now has 750-800Mbps download and 150-200Mbs upload wifi speed. I have tried adjusting channel (but don’t think this is the issue as wifi download speed remains unchanged) I did read that one user reset their units and speed returned to normal, but I would rather avoid this as I would have to go through re-config and issue May just re-occur. Anyone experienced this before or have ideas to try troubleshooting root cause?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi pro sxr80 wifi upload speed drop

@xifa4 wrote:

Hi, I have Orbi pro sxr80 and 1 x satellite unit.

When I first setup my test device iPad running latest iOS with test wifi app setup that performs upload and download local speed test to local LAN connected device had results of around 750-800Mbs down and around 500-600Mbs upload speed. All of a sudden this same test with the same devices on the same 5Ghz wifi now has 750-800Mbps download and 150-200Mbs upload wifi speed. I have tried adjusting channel (but don’t think this is the issue as wifi download speed remains unchanged) I did read that one user reset their units and speed returned to normal, ...

Hard to figure out the appropriate details here.

SXR80 and an SXS80 satellite?

Is the link between the router SXR80 and the satellite SXS80 affected, too? A comparison or test using the satellite Ethernet port (2.5 GbE capable) would give some more insight. Under good wireless conditions, I would expect some 1.5 to 1.8 Mb/s on the wireless mesh backhaul. The wireless backhaul on the big Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is AX2400, so operated on a 160 MHz bandwidth as a 4x4 MIMO in 5/6 1024‑QAM, so able to reach a theoretical PHY link speed of 2401 Mb/s under ideal conditions.

Testing the same wireless using the current and recent iPad and iPhone operate 5 GHz on 80 MHz bandwidth and 2x2 MIMO allowing a max PHY data rate of 1200 Mb/s, making it an average performer only.

Hard to guess now what is causing the comparable poor net download data rate here.

I would like to get some more insight on the current live operation conditions - hope @DaneA @JohnC_V @Marc_V or @JeraldM can bring up some light on what to check on the devices.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7