Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to sync SXS80 with another router than the one iit was delivered with

pellison
Initiate

Trying to sync SXS80 with another router than the one iit was delivered with

HI. I need 5 AP units for full coverage across our facility, so i purchased 2 orbi 6000 3-packs, looking to use only the satelites from the second pack together with the first pack. Got the first pack up and running, but whatever i do, i cannot get the satelites from the second 3-pack to sync with the router of the first. 

when running the sync in the admin browser, the magenta ligt comes on after a while. The satelite becomes visible with SSID that was preconfigured as part of the second pack. The behaviour is conistent for both for both satelites from the second pack   

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pellison
Initiate

Re: Trying to sync SXS80 with another router than the one iit was delivered with

Thx. This is what I have done all along. Found a thread suggesting that I did the sync had wired. This worked!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Trying to sync SXS80 with another router than the one iit was delivered with

try hardwiring the satellite into the router and syncing it. (give it a bit). 

Make sure they're on the same firmware. 

when you disconnect it, it should stay sync'd 

Message 2 of 4
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Hi @pellison ,

Please follow below mentioned steps, it will help you to add satellites wihtout any issue 

Press the reset button in the second 3-pack's satellite, after satellite reboot and booting up around 3 mins, running the sync in the admin browser and prepss the wps button in satellite, it only allows to connect one satellite each time, please try it in each second 3-pack's satellite.

Because we don't know what configurations are there in second 3-pack's satellites, so reset is the better option to make sure everything works well.

Thanks,

Basavaraj

Message 3 of 4
pellison
Initiate

Thx. This is what I have done all along. Found a thread suggesting that I did the sync had wired. This worked!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements