Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

3rd Satellite out of sync

kmsutra
Follower

3rd Satellite out of sync

I purchased 2 sets of RBS750 WIFI-6. Each set comes with 1 router (RBR750) and 2 satellites (RBS750). I setup the system with 2 satellites and all is working well. The home is large 3 floors and the 3rd is getting spotty coverage (hence the 2nd set purchase). The router is connected to NETGEAR XFINITY router and the 2 satellites are connected through a wired connection. I added the 3rd satellite (RBS750) via a wired connection back to the router similar to the other 2 from a different box. I have tried several times to reset the box and press sync simultaneously on both boxes but the 3rd satellite won't show "GOOD". It continues to show "Out of Sync" and no devices connect to it. 

Apologies for any missing information, will be happy to augment my post with anything that I may have missed. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 3rd Satellite out of sync

Are all RBS using same version of FW as the RBR uses? 

Turn OFF the other RBS and connect the 3rd RBS to the back of the RBR while in same room as the RBR and check to see if RBS fully syncs and shows GOOD wired status. I would wirelessly sync the RBS first to the RBR fully, then connect the ethernet cable.

Be sure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Be sure the RBS is connected to the back of the RBR and not the ISP router. ALL RBS have to be connected to the RBR. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series