Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5G Solution in Australia

PJDarwin
Aspirant

5G Solution in Australia

I currently have an RBK852 connected to Gigabit Fibre but I am moving to a larger house that does not have fibre available so looking for a 5G solution and have come up with the following solutions.

1) Keep my existing router (RBR850) and satellite (RBS850), add two extra satellites (RBS850B2) and a Nighthawk M6 Pro for 5G connectivity
2) Buy an NBK753, ordered from US as not currently available in Australia, utilise my existing RBS850 as the third satellite (which I believe should work) and give away the RBR850 (or I have read somewhere that you can change the firmware so the router acts as a satellite)

3) Ditch Orbi and go for a different system.

Any advice appreciated

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: 5G Solution in Australia

If it was me? I'm a fan of keeping everything integrated. I'd be going with option 2 if it'd work in AU since its only US based currently. 

It even has a wan port if you do ever get fibre/dsl/cable for your home. 

How big is the home your moving to? the 8 series can cover quite some area. Not sure how many actual satellites you need. 

Message 2 of 4
PJDarwin
Aspirant

The house is 750m2 but I am going to put one on the verandah of the adjacent pool hut to cover the pool area.  Definitely need at least the 4 units, maybe even a 5th

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7