Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

850 with two satellites - what exactly does "out of sync" mean?

Dd852
Luminary

850 with two satellites - what exactly does "out of sync" mean?

(sorry if you are seeing this twice - it didn't seem to post the first time but I may be wrong)

RBR850 + 2x RBS850 V4.6.3.16_2.0.51 1~Gig fibre into RBR

I obviously understand the regular English meaning of the words "out of sync"! But I have two satellites, one of which on the web interface switches every minute or so between 5g-Good and 5g-Out of Sync. And then back again after another minute or so. On the ios app (which of course is pretty limited) it shows always as green. No lights show on the front (and it showed blue during set up). Even more mysteriously, all the computers, phones etc connected to that satellite (per the webinterface) work fine and with seemingly a good, strong, fast connection.

So - what does "Out of sync" actualy mean and should I be concerned? Or just accept that if I didn't look at the web interface I wouldn't even know that something was out of the ordinary?

I've tried: to do a manual resync (router/satellite - though I must say it is daisy chained to satellite #1), to reset, to do a 30/30/30 reset.

The only other clue - I had orignally bought just a router/satellitre pair. This satellite was added later, but in theory that shouldn't make a difference!

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 850 with two satellites - what exactly does "out of sync" mean?

Are both RBS wirelessly connected to the RBR? 

Means that the data the RBS needed from the RBR has not been fully recieved by the RBS. 

One reason is that the FW is not up to date on this one RBS and same version as RBR. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Or wireless sync didn't go right. Try connecting the RBS to the RBR using ethernet cable for 10 minutes, then disconnect to see if this stops the out of sync message from being seen. 

Might need a factory reset on the RBS and remove the RBS entry from the RBRs web page then re-sync the RBS to the RBR. Turn OFF the other RBS. After it's fully synced and status remains, then turn on other RBS. 

Message 2 of 4
Dd852
Luminary

Thanks - that’s useful. I will try the connecting via cable trick. (I’m away for a bit of time so will try in my return). They are all allegedly on the same firmware.

There is only about 20’ distance between the satellite and its daisy chain master, but given the construction and design that’s about the best I can do.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

20" is too close unless there is concrete, brick and steel in the building construction...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7