Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ADC-V723 alarm.com webcams won't stay connected to my Orbi RBR850

Mikey94025
Hero

@betona wrote:

I found this thread by Googling. It's not the same unit, but it is the same behavior and it worked a year an a half on 3 different Xfinity wifi access points.. I recently replaced that access point with the cable modem CBK752 kit which has the CBR750 access point and the RBS750 satellite. Everything else connected fine including other IOT devices, but I can't get the outdoor cam to connect at all. I also have the indoor V522IR cam and it never skipped a beat (same wifi login/pwd).

I recommend setting your CTS/RTS threshold to 2347 for 2.4Ghz using orbilogin.com, Advanced tab, Adbvanced...Wireless Settings.  In my experience this improves compatibility for older 2.4Ghz devices with the new Orbi AX systems.  If that doesn't help, also try disabling AX mode for 2.4Ghz in Setup...Wireless Setup.

Message 26 of 30
betona
Apprentice

Wait wait wait--I got it to connect. I saw a thread about a different security cam on Reddit in /r/orbi suggesting to set the 2.4Mhz Preamble Mode to Short:

Advanced tab > Advanced > Wireless Settings > Preamble Mode (top box for 2.4) set drop-down to Short Preamble.

I looked at the cam and it had a green light (!!). I was able to import it into alarm.com by searching on its MAC address and everything cranked right up. I don't know what that Preamble change means, but this was a complete surprise that it worked.

Message 27 of 30
DaveEdmonds
Guide

Interesting the RBS850 at least that I have has no such option for that setting. EDIT, I finally found it it was to the right of the setting. I may try that. Thanks.

I also found this if interested:

Long Or Short Preamble: Pros And Cons - Internet Access Guide (internet-access-guide.com)

Message 28 of 30
Chulooney
Aspirant

I install ADC equipment professionally and I ran into this problem with my customers. I’ve found that disconnecting all cameras and reconnecting them using WPS has solved all of my customers issues who use an orbi mesh system. Has anyone else noticed this?
Message 29 of 30
realcola
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I have had this issue for a 1.5 years. I did this and my cameras have not disconnected once. Thanks Again!!
Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series