Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX4200 Magenta light and Internet drop daily

defiler2k
Aspirant

AX4200 Magenta light and Internet drop daily

I have been facing the issue that my router drops connection to the internet daily. The router goes to the solid magenta light, none of the wired devices can even communicate with it and I can only connect to it using the orbi app. After a reboot (either by pulling the power cable or via the app) everything seems to work fine for a day however, next morning I get up to the same issue. 

Ive tried rebooting the cable modem, new data cables yet I still have the same issue every morning. 

Hardware is the RBR750 firmware 4.6.5.14, with 2 satelites (RBS750) hardwired. 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AX4200 Magenta light and Internet drop daily

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
defiler2k
Aspirant

The cablemodem is an Arris Surfboard 8200, has been working just fine until Friday. Yes both devices have been power cycled (full disconnect for over a minute) and the router has been factory reset.

From the article, there is no description for what solid magenta represents.  

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, that KB article needs to be updated. 
Theres BLUE when the RBR connects then turns OFF or ON with Magenta solid if the RBR looses the connection to the modem or the modem fails to give an IP address to the RBR. I'll have NG review this article and get it updated. 

@Blanca_O 

What is the CAT# of the cable in between the modem and RBR? 

Try a different cable to check this. 

Message 4 of 6
defiler2k
Aspirant

I have tried multiple cat 5e cables, I even bought a new one just in case, same issue. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

@defiler2k wrote:

The cablemodem is an Arris Surfboard 8200, has been working just fine until Friday. Yes both devices have been power cycled (full disconnect for over a minute) and the router has been factory reset.

From the article, there is no description for what solid magenta represents.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7