Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Add new satellite 752

plsee74
Tutor

Add new satellite 752

Hi, 

INeed some advise why is the RBS 750 showing as out of sync on.

The RBR 850, RBS 850 and RBS 750 are already on the latest firmware 4.6.8.2.  I try to factory reset the RBS 750 but the result is still the same.    Also another thing to note  the RBS 750 are ethernet backhaul to the RBR853 but on the NG router page, it is showing as 5GHz.

Orbi.png

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plsee74
Tutor

Thanks for the advise.  

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the one saying "out of sync" is hardwired into the router? 

did you check the cable? 

have you tried factory resetting the satellite and re-syncing it? 

Message 2 of 9
plsee74
Tutor

Yes.  I did change the cable.  (FYI.  The RBS750 satellite is connected thru Dlink Gigabyte switch before connecting to RBR 850)

Also did the factory reset after flashing to the latest firmware. (Including re-sync) Still got back the same result.

The strange thing is it show out of sync on the attached device page but when I connect to the Sat via IP address, I'm able to see device being attached to it.

Also I did a speed test from the area where the Sat is located, I'm getting good speed on my laptop and smartphone.  Seem to me it is working fine.  Just not sure why it is showing out of sync on the attached device page

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

have you tried moving it (temporarily) to where the router is and direct connecting it? Maybe its an issue of the switch

Message 4 of 9
plsee74
Tutor

Prior to me moving back to the location, I connect the RBS 750 directly to the RBK 850 when i did the firmware upgrade to 4.6.8.2.  After the upgrade, i try to do the sync.  On the attached device screen, it is showing as out of sync.

Did some reading on the NG community forum, factory reset the RBS 750 and repeat the sync again with the RBS 750 connecting directly to the RBR 850 switchport.   

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the model# of the D-Link switch? 

Message 6 of 9
plsee74
Tutor

DSG-1008D (unmanaged gigabit switch)

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible this switch maybe causing problems. I can't find the spec sheet on it however it may have "Green Ethernet" features which on some switch can cause problems on Orbi systems. I see this model switch is somewhat old as well. I recommend you try another swtich. 

NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Also be sure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 8 of 9
plsee74
Tutor

Thanks for the advise.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements