Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Angry against Netgear about Orbi 760

Syl2042
Aspirant

Angry against Netgear about Orbi 760

All is in the title. 

1) We can't desable the 5G  ssid diffusion on the latest firmware. It was possible before. 
It is a problem for IOT with Home Assistant. 
1 have 1 router and 4 satellites. 
And because we can't choose on witch satellite we want connect the connected object, some of them doesn't work because they work only with 2,4 Ghz. 

Netgear says since the latest firmware to adjust the power of the 5G band to 25%, but no resolve the problem.  

2). And because i use the Orbi system for pilot all my domotised house (171 devices), thee is another point that make me very angry. 
The network with orbi system in only possible in star network. And by this way, in fact, it is not really one unique network. But 5 points (1 router and 4 satellites) who have the same ssid. 
In fact, your smartphone can be connected to satellite 1, and the Hue bridge to satellite 2. And so, the hue app don't find the devices on the smartphone, because it is not connected on the same satellite.

And it is exactly the same problem with Netamo devices for example. You can have Netatmo relay on 1 satellite, and a thermostatic device on other one. And if the netatmo app is connected on the satellite 1, it can't find the device connected on the satellite 2 !!! 

3) The only way will be to deconnect all the satellites to make installation and just keep one. But it's have no sens because of the distances between each devices. 

4) Netgear speak about the possibility to have a daisy chain network and not a star network. But one more time, it is not possible with Orbi 760. Or i don't find how make this. 

If someone could give me some informations or possibilities about that... 

Regards. 

Sylvain (from France, excuse for my english). 

Message 1 of 5

Re: Angry against Netgear about Orbi 760

@Syl2042 wrote:

It is a problem for IOT with Home Assistant.
And because we can't choose on witch satellite we want connect the connected object, some of them doesn't work because they work only with 2,4 Ghz. 

This is a "feature" of poorly designed IoToys and setup apps that fail to follow the development of newer wifi systems. 99 times out of 100, perhaps more, it is possible to connect to Mesh wifi. You just have to work out how to do it.

Search around here for the devices you want to install. There can't be many devices that haven't turned up here over the years.

You could also complain to the people who made these devices and get them to update their systems.

You might also get better advice if you posted in the community section given over to your Orbi hardware.

If you do visit there, it could be useful to include the model number. It isn't "Orbi 760". That also doesn't feature in the support search system

Message 2 of 5
Syl2042
Aspirant

I'm sorry, but we can also imagine that it is a poorly development from Netgear too.  

I just can say that we speak abpout brands like Philips, Netatmo (Legrand), Samsung, Tuya . 

I don't say that all these IOT brands are perfects in their solutions, but there's no reason they're more "stupid" than Netgear... 

So, it is diffucult to ear always the same thing : It is not my development's problem, ask to the others... 

Can Netgear just explain why we can't disable the 5G band. The oldests firmwares permetted that. 

And even a poor ADSL box permit that ! 

I know the difference between the 2,4 and 5 Ghz bands. 

But it is my choice to use one, the other, or  twice. 

Thanks for your answer. 

Regards. 

Message 3 of 5
Syl2042
Aspirant

Thanks for these idea... 

I will try. 

Regards. 

Sylvain

Message 4 of 5
Syl2042
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes, i precise that i speak about the router RBR 760 and 4 RBS 760 . 

And i have the latest firmware for each. 

Regards. 

Sylvain

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7