Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Arlo baby camera disconnected on Orbi 4200

tommy2bago
Aspirant

Arlo baby camera disconnected on Orbi 4200

I just purchased an orbi 4200 and since setting it up my Arlo baby camera has stopped working. The indicator lights on the arlo indicate it is connected to the wifi. When I look at connected devices on the Orbi it is showing the arlo as connected. It all seems to be working but the video stream is just not working. I suspect that the traffic is being blocked on the router. I disabled the security on the Orbi but it hasn’t fixed it. I saw on a post here that even after disabling bitdefender blocked sites may remain blocked. Is there anything I can do to verify if this is what the issue is?
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Arlo baby camera disconnected on Orbi 4200

After disabling Armor, did you power OFF the RBR for 30 seconds. then back ON? 

Message 2 of 5
tommy2bago
Aspirant

I had not completed the power off like you said. I tried after reading your response but it made no difference. Given it had already been setup for some time I figured I should reset the router and start again 

I powered down the Arlo camera and then reset the router back to factory defaults. Before powering back on the Arlo camera I disabled armor and power cycled like you said. I then turned on the Arlo for the first time but this did not fix the issue as i still could not see the camera through the ap. 

I am getting the movement notifications from the Arlo camera so that traffic is getting through. It appears to be the video\audio stream that is being blocked.

Armor has remained disbaled ever since

I then bought a cheap TP Link C100 camera and set it up on the Orbi. When my phone with the Tapo ap is on the Wi-Fi i can view the footage but when i drop off the wifi and try and access via my isp the video footage fails. I was able to make the C100 camera work by setting up portforwarding rules for the specific c100 camera....I dont think this is the right approach however as you are supposed to be able to support multiple cameras on the network and the port forwarding is to a single IP address.

There seems to be a rule blocking external servcies like the Arlo ap OR the C100 ap from accessiong internal devices. I dont think it is armor as it has been disabled since before I switched either the arlo or the c100 on...is there somewhere else in Orbi settings?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable AX mode on the RBR under basic tab/wireless settings and set CTS value to 2347 Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings?

Message 4 of 5
LadySapphy
Guide

I have the arlo Baby Cam on my ax6000, runs fine.  Have you tried a reboot of the camera?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7