Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bang & Olufsen multi room and Netgear Orbi RBR850

tigerisak
Guide

Bang & Olufsen multi room and Netgear Orbi RBR850

I have issues getting Bang & Olufsen multi room to work with my wireless products connected to RBR850 and its connected satellite. Bang & Olufsen is stating that this is a known issue and that Netgear are working with a fix? What is the status?
Message 1 of 16
plemans
Guru

This is the community forum, doubtful you'll get info from engineering on here. 

What actual issue are you having? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

What B&O devices do you have? 

HOw are they connected? Via wireless? Wired? If wired, to the router or satellites? 

Reason I ask is sonos had/has an issue with satellites. If they're hardwired in, they need to be to the router and not satellites. 

Message 2 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to keep in contact with B&O about since they seem to be working with NG on it. 

@tigerisak wrote:
I have issues getting Bang & Olufsen multi room to work with my wireless products connected to RBR850 and its connected satellite. Bang & Olufsen is stating that this is a known issue and that Netgear are working with a fix? What is the status?

Message 3 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

I am in contact with them about it. But I wanted to hear from you guys as well. So there is nobody from Netgear in this forum?

Message 4 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

What actual issue are you having? 
Issue is that Bang & Olufsen multiroom is not working. And this is a known issue and Bang & Olufsen have escalated this to Netgear.

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 
I live in an apartment complex with a Cat7 "box" for internet. So not sure of the gateway in the basement. 

What B&O devices do you have? 
Beovision Eclipse (hardwired), Beosound Shape (Hardwired), Beosound Emerge (wifi), Beolab8 (wifi/WISA). Issue is only with the wifi units. All connected to the router. 

Please advise.

Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by the B&O isn't working? Can you explain in more detail of what that means? 

What FW version is loaded on the Orbi system? 

Message 6 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

The Bang & Olufsen multi-room doesn't work when it comes to "extend" the sound to other units. Such as playing music on the Beolab8 and then extending it to the Beosound Emerge. 

Message 7 of 16
plemans
Guru

Whenever I hear "it comes from a cable in the wall" and is supplied by the apartment, I know things can get challenging. 

If its supplied by the apartment, they could have their own NAT/firewall that's causing issues. Some of the sound (like sonos and B&O) need that connection back to their own server and the apartment firewalls can create issues with it. 

Does the orbi and B&O work fine if its just the router running (satellites shut off)?
if not, then I'd be more curious about the apartments ISP implementation. 

Message 8 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

Same issue if I turn off the satellite and only running with router.
Message 9 of 16
plemans
Guru

Something to try that might cause you to have to reset the router is put it in access point mode. 

Access point mode disables all its routing functions and leaves whatever is on the other end of your apartments "connection" to manage the routing functions. See if it works. 
If it doesn't and you can't access the router, you'd need to factory reset to get back in. 

If it does it either means a double nat is causing it (the apartments routing and the orbi's routing) or something in the netgear is blocking it. 

Message 10 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

I have tried that. Doesn't work. 
As all wired devices work fine with Multiroom I suspect it to be something with the WIFI.

Message 11 of 16
plemans
Guru

@tigerisak wrote:

I have tried that. Doesn't work. 
As all wired devices work fine with Multiroom I suspect it to be something with the WIFI.

what happens when you try that? "doesn't work" doesn't tell me exactly what happened. We're checking to see if the apartment system is causing issues as well. Do devices still work? Just not the wifi based ones? 

Message 12 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

The solution is working great with the wired devices. Spotify Connect and all services are working fine with multi-room and when I "expand" the sound to the other device that works with all the devices that are hardwired. So I guess it has nothing to do with the switch in the basement? It's only for the wifi devices. The sound start playing on the "master" device but when I try to expand to another device - nothing. The sound is only playing on the master device.

Message 13 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

Please advice.

Message 14 of 16
tigerisak
Guide

Anyone in this community that could help?

Message 15 of 16
kolella
Apprentice

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7