Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blink sync module cannot connect with RBK763S

Fixxer808
Follower

Blink sync module cannot connect with RBK763S

Is there a way to enable only the 2.4 ghz band so my Blink sync module can access my Orbi? I tried using the Netgear guest network, and it would not connect. When I log in to the router’s homepage, I don’t see any option to disable the 5 ghz band. I have searched this community and tried to get my Blink to connect, but haven’t had any luck. The Blink will only work on the 2.4ghz band. What’s the trick to getting this connected? Any help appreciated!
Message 1 of 2

Re: Blink sync module cannot connect with RBK763S

The Blink will only work on the 2.4ghz band. What’s the trick to getting this connected?

The Blink will not try to connect to the 5 GHz because it can't.

Why do you think you need to turn off the 5 GHz? You should still be able to set it up with a mobile device that is connected to 5 GHz.

It might be easier to force the mobile device to connect to 2.4 GHz rather than messing around with the router.

@Fixxer808 wrote:
Is there a way to enable only the 2.4 ghz band so my Blink sync module can access my Orbi? I tried using the Netgear guest network, and it would not connect. When I log in to the router’s homepage, I don’t see any option to disable the 5 ghz band.

No. But you should not need to disable 5 GHz to get things to connect.

This is a constant complaint about crappy apps from IoT cowboys. who just don't understand how Mesh wifi works.

Try reading this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – "Blink sync"

Orbi Mesh Wifi is not connecting to with Blink Syn... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7