Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Broadband upgrade question

kahoo614
Follower

Broadband upgrade question

Hello, currently, I have a 1000 Mbps broadband connection at home, and I'm planning to upgrade it to 2000 Mbps next month. I'm using the RBK752 Mesh WiFi system. Will it be able to support the 2000 Mbps broadband?

If not, is it possible to upgrade only the main router and repurpose the existing RBR750 router and RBS750 satellites as satellites?

Hello, if you currently have a 1000 Mbps broadband connection at home and plan to upgrade it to 2000 Mbps next month, you are using the RBK752 Mesh WiFi system. You would like to know if it can handle the 2000 Mbps broadband.

If it is not capable, you would like to know if it's possible to upgrade only the main router and convert the existing RBR750 router and RBS750 satellites into satellites.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Broadband upgrade question

The RBR750 router WAN port supports 1GB.  Upgrading the Internet connection to any speed higher than 1GB is pointless because the Ethernet connection  tops out at 1 GB.

The Orbi RBS750 satellites are compatible with a different Orbi router.  See this page:

https://kb.netgear.com/000065169/Which-Orbi-routers-and-satellites-are-compatible 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7