Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK752 Satellite Not Performing

Spud2599
Tutor

CBK752 Satellite Not Performing

Happy February to all.

I purchased the CBK752 and went through the setup proceedures and after much frustration with the entire setup process, I was able to get the Main Orbi router/modem fully operational and repeated FAST.COM and SPEEDTEST.NET runs show close to a gig of speed within 15 feet of the modem (I'm on Spectrum 1 GIG plan). When I'm 2 rooms away (maybe 45 feetish away) I get 400 Mbps which is really good. I placed my Orbi satellite in that farthest room, connected it to the main router/modem, and then connected my home theater PC to the satellite (via CAT6 cable). When I run speed tests on that PC, the MAX Mbps I get is 10! No, i didn't leave a zero off...10 Mbps...often less! I went ahead and rebooted the satellite multiple times to no avail. When satellite connected and I'm on WIFI on my phone (which is WIFI6 capable), abysmal speedtest runs. When I power off the satellite, the phone reconnects back to the main router/modem and pops 300+ Mbps.  I then switched my home theater over to WIFI and got 300+ Mbps off the main router/modem.

ALL SOFTWARE is updated to latest versions according to Orbi APP and the admin console.

I had an earlier version Orbi setup RBR50, with the main router and satellite set up in the same positions, and the satellite on that routinely did 300 Mbps to the home theater.

Any thoughts? It's obvious there's something wrong with the satellite, but not sure what to do at this point.

HELP ME ORBI WAN KENOBI! You're my only hope!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK752 Satellite Not Performing

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi With Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with cable modem. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Spud2599
Tutor

Thanks for the heads up...I appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7