Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 Constantly disconnecting

bcfleischmann
Aspirant

CBR750 Constantly disconnecting

Can you update how your system has been operating since your factory reset a month ago? I am having similar issues with my system dropping and just trying to troubleshoot which COA I need to consider. THanks!

Message 1 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 Constantly disconnecting

Do you have the CBR750 or the RBR750 with a RBS750? The CBR and RBR are two different systems and different FW. 

@bcfleischmann wrote:

Can you update how your system has been operating since your factory reset a month ago? I am having similar issues with my system dropping and just trying to troubleshoot which COA I need to consider. THanks!

Message 2 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

I have the CBR750 with satellites. I am just going through and reading what others have done that might be able to support my constant dropping issue. 

Message 3 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure that your using FW for any RBS connected with the CBR from the CBK752s web page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cbk752.aspx

Using RBS FW from the RBK systems is NOT compatible with the RBS that comes with the CBR kits.

Is the CBR disconnecting or is the RBS disconnecting? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

For CBR issues:

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

Message 4 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Firmware. CBR V4.6.5.8_2.0.54 RBS 4.6.5.14

1650 sqft house. I disconnected one satellite because of reading about 30 ft. CBR is downstairs, RBS is upstairs. I assume it is the CBR disconnecting constantly because nothing works on wifi when disconnects happen until I reboot.

These changes I made two days ago.I changed settings to channel 1 for 2.4G and my 5G was already at channel 48. I set short preamble, unchecked the 20/40MHz coexistence, and set power thresholds to 50% for both 2.4 and 5G. I have previously disconnected for 1 minute on multiple occasions, and once since I made the above changes. 

Message 5 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Aug 23 2022 15:14:39Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:14:50Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 2     
Aug 23 2022 15:15:14Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:15:24Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:17:36Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:17:44Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:18:54Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:04Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:25Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:31Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:50Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:51Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 2     
Aug 23 2022 15:19:52Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:20:03Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:20:10Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:20:10Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:21:48Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:21:56Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:22:44Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:22:44Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:31:22Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:31:28Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:32:23Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:32:33Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 15:43:17Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync     
Aug 23 2022 15:43:22Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5     
Aug 23 2022 16:10:53Warning (5) MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1    
Aug 23 2022 16:10:53Notice (6) TLV-11 - unrecognized OID       
Aug 23 2022 16:10:53Critical (3) Config File Rejected due to Invalid or Unexpected TLV 11    
Aug 23 2022 16:10:57Warning (5) REG-RSP-MP Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value 
Aug 23 2022 16:10:57Warning (5) RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW  
Aug 23 2022 16:10:57Warning (5) RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW
Aug 23 2022 16:11:07Alert (2) CM Certificate Error        
Aug 23 2022 16:11:11Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 3     
Aug 23 2022 16:23:08Warning (5) DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value 
Message 6 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.

I see lots of criticals that the ISP needs to resolve. 

Does the CBR show any front LED at the bottom or the 4 LEDs near the top of any odd behaviors here when this happens? 

Message 7 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

I will once the website allows me. Should be soon.
Message 8 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Huh? You can't access the CBR web site? 

Message 9 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

I’m talking about on here. I was getting a spammed error and I couldn’t make the post with the log.
Message 10 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Oh ok...You can input that into a PDF file and attach it using the Drag and drop files...

Message 11 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Hopefully the logs included are what you are asking for. If you need different cable modem logs you might have to tell me where to pull it. 

I came home and this time when it disconnected the CBR had a magenta light. Sometimes there is no light at the bottom and the four lights are on and constant. Others sometimes one of them flashes. 

Message 12 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, power levels look good. 

You have criticals seen the even log that the ISP needs to resolve. 

Also you have lots of correct and un-correctables that should be zero. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 

Be sure all coax line fittings are snug and no kinks are in the coax line. 

Message 13 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

- How or what do I need to do to get these items to zero?

- Anything specific to say to ensure my ISP does this correctly?

- Do I need to check outside the home where the cable comes in? I don't have a line splitter inside my home from the cable outlet to the modem.

- I ordered a new RG6 cable earlier today. I saw that as one of your recommendations. 

Be sure all coax line fittings are snug and no kinks are in the coax line. 

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Message 14 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

@bcfleischmann wrote:

- How or what do I need to do to get these items to zero?

Be sure all coax fittings are snug and screwed on well. Check for any kinks in the line.

- Anything specific to say to ensure my ISP does this correctly?

Have them check everything. They can review the modems event log and cable connection status. Have then take a look at what I've mentioned here.  

- Do I need to check outside the home where the cable comes in? I don't have a line splitter inside my home from the cable outlet to the modem.

Yes

- I ordered a new RG6 cable earlier today. I saw that as one of your recommendations. 

Message 15 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Here is my cable box outside the house. Cox (ISP) says there is nothing wrong on their end even when I ask them to pull logs. I even asked them to check when my internet was out and I had the maroon light at the bottom of the modem...

So I have a technician coming out on Friday to hopefully handle this splitter and I will do another modem reset Friday after I get my new coax in. Maybe that will make a difference. If not, I have an RMA for the CBR750 approved as well.

Thoughts? 

Message 16 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

See if the the tech will remove that splitter long enough for you to take another cable connections status page. The more direct connection from the modem to the ISP service box is preferred. Help narrow down your problem. Any problems on the line will cause problems with modems. 

Message 17 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Tech removed the splitter and said everything was looking good on their end. I did another reset as well and today I have had continuous wifi drops requiring reboot of the modem. So I am at a loss with this unit. I am going to try and process an RMA because otherwise I don't know why it would continue to drop out.

Message 18 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you post new cable connection status capture and event logs here?

What channels are you using on Wifi? Try channel 1 and 40. 

Set 40Mhz only and also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Let us know if the RMA unit does the same thing...

Message 19 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

I will take a look at these settings tonight. My unit does continue to drop daily unfortunately. Is it common for Netgear to extort people processing an RMA? Why should I have to pay to have the RMA shipped before I return mine? Because if I don't pay money for whatever expedited shipping process they have I won't receive my RMA because I cannot ship my unit back and be without internet. This is absurd. 

Message 20 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Ask for a cross shipping RMA. They should be able to send you a unit before you send yours back. 

Message 21 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

Here is my most recent event log. Taken before any recommended changes. I changed my output to 50% again. That switched after my most recent reset. Unchecked the 20/40mhz box. And changed my 5Ghz to channel 40 from 48. 2.4Ghz was already set on channel 1. We will see what the log looks like tomorrow.

Message 22 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

I see lots of errors and criticals that the ISP needs to review between them and the modem to help resolve them.

Message 23 of 37
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

You mentioned that before but every time I tell them about my logs and errors they say they don’t see any issues. And I’m not versed enough to explain to them what is going on. Even after you mentioned for me to tell them some stuff.
Message 24 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you get a tech on site by chance? 

Message 25 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements