Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 drops all WiFi during every time it rains

OneHitWonder
Initiate

CBR750 drops all WiFi during every time it rains

Every time it rains outside, all WiFi devices get dropped. At first I thought it was the cable modem connection from the ISP side, but I have called them to confirm they see everything is functioning. I can also see from my LAN connection everything is fine. If it rains all day, I might have to reboot the router several times. Not something I expected from a $300 device. Any one else experience this phenomenom?

I like the device, I like the admin page, layout, and getting things set up was easy and feels secure, but pretty sh*tty that I have to manually reboot a router each time it rains.

Any thoughts or tips would be helpful.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CBR750 drops all WiFi during every time it rains

Is the router or satellite outdoors? (doubtful)
The rain shouldn't have any impact on the wireless performance/stability. 

But the CBR does have an integrated modem that connects to a coax connection from your isp. And that line has to come in from the outdoors.

I've frequently seen the lines not be sealed properly or damaged and get moisture in them during the rain that causes issues. 

Did you have the ISP actually check the line? Because if you call them, they just ping the modem. Doesn't do much good. An actual visual inspection by them off all exterior lines that might be exposed to moisture is what needs to be done. 

Message 2 of 4
OneHitWonder
Initiate

I suspect you are onto something there.@plemans. I will investigate this further.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements