Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR750 intermittent internet with Spectrum

go1dens4
Tutor

CBR750 intermittent internet with Spectrum

Attached is an image of the first 31 channels that my cable connection has, seems like 11-19 have significant issues I had spectrum come out and they stated there was no issue on their end which seems invalid but I just wanted to know if I should be manually setting my starting frequency or something different? I have intermittent internet connectivity and it will normally recover after the modem is rebooted however I really don't want to have to be rebooting my modem 5 times a day to have it working. 

I know typically the power should not differ by more than 3 and the Signal to Noise Ratio also seems high for a lot of these, I have a new drop running directly to my modem also my drop to my house was replace so seems like something then with another customers leakage possibly providing massive amounts of noise? And or a general issue with the Spectrum Hub I am connected to?

Any other thing I am missing that need to be configured different than default in my CBR750?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.51.25 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Its still indicating a line issue. It could be in your home or it could be the run to your home. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 5
go1dens4
Tutor

I already replaced the line coming in with quad shielded cable and it is a direct line from my outdoor tap... So not the issue, all the fittings are good to go now still had intermittent things occur during the day...uncorrectable packets issue comes and goes too...

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you try directly connecting it where the line comes in? 
I had an instance once where a drywaller had put a screw through the coax cable in the wall. it still worked but had occasional drops. I've also seen where the foil is touching the copper when people did it themselves and caused issues. Not saying you did. Just saying, its worth directly connecting it. Plus if you're still getting the errors directly connected, it limits what spectrum can blame it on

Message 4 of 5
go1dens4
Tutor

I re-ran the drop into my house... aka this is where it comes in... My father worked in the cable industry so I have all the tools to run drops, the cable is good to go into my house it is a single line directly connected to my outside drop.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7